Are you looking for a healthy and delicious breakfast option that will keep you full and satisfied all morning? Perfect, I have the best protein pancakes recipe for you! My healthy pancakes are a great way to start your day off right with a high-protein breakfast that will give you the energy you need to tackle whatever comes your way.
Why You’ll Love My Protein Pancakes Recipe
- Easy to make: You don’t need to be a master chef to make these pancakes. The recipe is super easy and can be prepared in under 10 minutes. There’s no waiting or resting time!
- High in protein: These pancakes are not only delicious but also packed with protein. With over 10 grams of protein per serving, they are a great way to start your day.
- Customizable: You can customize these pancakes to suit your taste. Add your favorite toppings such as fresh fruit, nuts, or honey.
- Healthy and nutritious: These pancakes are not only high in protein, but also low in calories. With only 150 kcal per serving of three pancakes, they’re a great way to start your day without feeling guilty.
Ingredients You’ll Need
Making protein pancakes is a simple process, and you won’t require any complicated ingredients. Here are the ingredients you will need:
- Milk: You can use any type of milk you prefer, such as almond milk, soy milk, or regular milk. I prefer almond milk.
- Flour: Wheat flour, all-purpose flour, or oat flour – it’s your choice!
- Protein Powder Vanilla: We will use vanilla protein powder to add flavor and nutrition to the pancakes.
- Egg: We need one egg to bind the ingredients together and add moisture to the pancakes.
- Baking Powder: The baking powder makes your pancakes fluffy!
Now that you have all the ingredients you need, let’s move on to the next step in making these delicious protein pancakes.
How To Make the Best Protein Pancakes
Step 1: In a bowl, mix the flour, protein powder, and baking powder. This will combine the dry ingredients together.
Step 2: Then add the egg and milk. Stir everything together until a homogeneous mixture forms.
Step 3: Preheat a pan with some oil over medium heat to prevent sticking. Then pour the batter into the pan in batches, depending on the desired size of the pancakes. Cook the pancakes for about 2–3 minutes on each side until they are golden brown, puffed up, and cooked through.
Step 4: Stack the finished pancakes on a plate and garnish as desired with fresh fruit, yogurt, or a drizzle of maple syrup.
With these simple steps, you’ll be able to make delicious and healthy protein pancakes in no time. Enjoy!
- Use a non-stick pan or griddle. This will help prevent the pancakes from sticking and make flipping them easier.
- Let the batter sit for a few minutes. This will allow the ingredients to meld together and thicken up a bit, resulting in fluffier pancakes.
- Don’t overmix the batter. Overmixing can lead to tough, dense pancakes. Mix the ingredients just until they are combined.
- Cook on medium-low heat. Cooking pancakes on too high of heat can cause them to burn on the outside while remaining raw on the inside. Medium-low heat allows for even cooking.
- Flip the pancakes when bubbles form on the surface. This is a good indicator that the pancakes are ready to be flipped. Wait until the bubbles pop and the surface looks slightly dry before flipping.
- Keep the pancakes warm in the oven. If you’re making a big batch of pancakes, keep them warm in the oven set to 200°F while you finish cooking the rest.
Yes, there are several recipes available for making protein pancakes without eggs. One example is the Protein Pancakes (15g Protein, No Eggs) recipe from The Conscious Plant Kitchen. This recipe uses Greek yogurt and almond milk instead of eggs to create a fluffy texture.
Yes, you can create protein pancakes without protein powder. One option is to use Greek yogurt, which is high in protein, as a substitute for protein powder. Another option is to use cottage cheese, which is also high in protein, in place of protein powder.
Yes, of course! Try the Vegan Protein Pancakes recipe from Running on Real Food, which uses a chickpea flour to create a vegan and gluten-free pancakes.
More Healthy Recipes
- Vegan Overnight Oats with Protein
- Banana Bread with Nuts and Chocolate
- Healthy Oatmeal Cookies with Cocoa
- Protein Muffins with Banana
Easy Protein Pancakes
- Mix the flour, protein powder, and baking powder in a bowl.
- Add the egg and milk. Stir everything together until a homogeneous mixture forms.
- Preheat a pan with some oil over medium heat to prevent sticking. Then pour the batter into the pan in batches, depending on the desired size of the pancakes.
- Cook the pancakes for about 2-3 minutes on each side until they are golden brown, puffed up, and cooked through.
- Stack the finished protein pancakes on a plate and top with fresh fruit.