You bought some fresh bananas a few days ago, but now you’re already noticing the first signs of browning? Could they be overripe? Well, if that’s the case, I’ve got a mouthwatering solution for you – my Nutty Chocolate Banana Bread Recipe.
Overripe bananas are just what the doctor ordered for this recipe; they’ll infuse the bread with sweetness and transform them into the ultimate snack!
About the Best Banana Bread Recipe
Are you looking for a delicious way to save your bananas? I got you! Bananas tend to ripen quickly and become very brown, if not overripe. But to avoid wasting those bananas, I naturally have a Plan B, and that’s the perfect banana bread with nuts and chocolate.
Banana bread holds a special place in many of our hearts. It’s a classic, a reliable go-to, and a solution for those overripe bananas that seem to multiply in our kitchens. What sets this recipe apart is its moist texture and incredible flavor + the hint of chocolate!
That’s why you’ll love my Banana Bread Recipe
- Easy recipe for beginners.
- Loved by kids and adults.
- Rescue overripe bananas and transform them into a delightful treat.
- Personalize with your choice of nuts, chocolates, or even vegan alternatives.
How to Make the Best Banana Bread
Before I explain the preparation, please note that you can find the exact quantities of the ingredients below in my recipe card.
Step 1 and 2 – Preheat the oven / Grease the loaf pan:
Begin by preheating your oven to 340°F using the bake setting.
Take a loaf pan, approximately 10 inches long, and generously grease it with butter. This ensures the banana bread won’t stick to the pan.
Step 3 – Prepare the wet ingredients:
In a mixing bowl, combine two eggs, melted butter, and brown sugar. Beat them together until the mixture becomes creamy.
Step 4 and 5 – Mash the bananas / Add dry ingredients:
Use a fork to mash the ripe bananas until they are smooth. Add the mashed bananas and cinnamon to the mixture in the bowl. Stir well until you have a uniform mixture.
Now, add the spelled flour, baking powder, and salt to the mixture – Mix them thoroughly.
Step 6 and 7 – Fold in extras / Transfer the batter:
Gently fold in the chocolate chips, your choice of nuts, and the ground almonds using a spoon. This step adds both texture and flavor to your banana bread.
Transfer the luscious batter into the prepared loaf pan. To add a decorative touch, sprinkle a few extra nuts and banana slices on top.
Step 8 and 9 – Bake to perfection / Enjoy:
Now it’s time to put the loaf pan in the preheated oven. Bake for approximately 1 hour at 340°F. It is important to keep an eye on it, because baking times may vary slightly based on your oven.
Once baked to perfection, remove the banana bread from the oven and let it cool in the pan for at least 20 minutes. This helps it set and become even more delicious.
- Use overripe bananas for the most intense banana flavor.
- Avoid overmixing the batter to maintain that sought-after moistness.
- If you’re short on time, consider using a food processor for quicker mixing.
Absolutely! Thaw frozen bananas and use them as you would ripe bananas in this recipe.
Yes, you can replace melted butter with an equal amount of a neutral oil like vegetable or canola oil for a slightly different texture.
To keep your banana bread fresh, wrap it tightly in plastic wrap or aluminum foil and store it at room temperature for up to three days. For longer storage, freeze slices individually and thaw them as needed.
Banana Bread with Nuts and Chocolate
- Preheat your oven to 340°F. Grease a 10-inch loaf pan generously with butter.
- In a mixing bowl, cream together 2 eggs, melted butter, and brown sugar until smooth.
- Mash ripe bananas and add them, along with cinnamon, to the mixture. Stir until well combined.
- Add flour, baking powder, and salt. Mix thoroughly. Then gently fold in chocolate chips, your choice of nuts, and ground almonds.
- Transfer the batter to the prepared loaf pan. Optionally, top with extra nuts and banana slices.
- Bake for 1 hour at 340°F until perfectly done.