Ready for another dose of healthy deliciousness on my blog? Allow me to unveil my mouthwatering cocoa oatmeal cookies – a guilt-free delight bursting with flavor, and guess what?
They’re entirely sugar-free! Intriguing, right? Plus, these little treats pack just 75 calories per cookie, making them a must-try for everyone. Give in to temptation!
That’s why you’ll love my Oatmeal Cookies Recipe
- Extremely tasty
- Easy to make
- Healthy (only 75 calories per cookie!)
Ingredients you’ll need
- Bananas – Go for ripe bananas, because they are sweeter and easiest to mash.
- Oats – If you want soft oatmeal cookies, then go for shredded oats.
- Cocoa – Gives the cookies a chocolate taste.
- Peanut butter – For creaminess!
- Baking powder – To hold the cookies together.
The exact quantities for the recipe can be found below in my recipe card.
How to Make the Best Oatmeal Cookies
Step 1: Whipping Up the Dough
Start by mashing those ripe bananas in a mixing bowl. Use a fork to work them into a smooth and creamy consistency. Now, introduce the rest of the star players: oats, the cocoa, a spoonful of peanut butter, and the baking powder. Give it all a whirl until you’ve got yourself a sticky dough.
Step 2: Sculpting the cookies
Preheat your oven to 340°F (convection), and get a baking sheet dressed up with parchment paper. Grab your dough and scoop out portions, about 2 tablespoons each. Mold them into roughly 8 cookie-shaped cookies.
Step 3: Into the Oven
Place them with care on your prepared baking sheet. Slide that sheet into your preheated oven. Bake them at 340°F (convection) for about 15 minutes, or until they achieve that irresistible golden-brown hue and feel firm to the touch.
Step 4: Ready to eat! As they emerge from the oven, let your cookies cool on a wire rack for just a few moments. Now it’s time for the best part – enjoy them!
Feel free to customize these cookies by adding your favorite mix-ins, such as chocolate chips, dried fruits, or nuts, for added flavor and texture.
Yes, this recipe here is vegan and doesn’t contain any eggs.
To keep your oatmeal cookies fresh, leave them in a container at room temperature.
Cocoa Oatmeal Cookies
- Begin by mashing both bananas in a bowl using a fork.
- Then, introduce the rest of the ingredients along with the oats, and stir until you achieve a sticky dough.
- Afterward, cover a baking sheet with parchment paper and shape the dough into roughly 8 cookies, lightly pressing them down.
- Place the oat cookies in the oven at 340°F (convection) for about 15 minutes.