These sweet and lightly spiced air fryer apples are made with 4 ingredients in around 15 minutes. What is quicker than that?
They make the most delicious breakfast or dessert topper. Double the recipe, guys; trust me – most of them won’t make it out of the air fryer.
Why You’ll Love This Air Fryer Apple Recipe
- 15-minute recipe: This air-fried apple recipe requires minimal preparation and is perfect for busy weeknights or last-minute dessert cravings.
- 4-ingredients: I love knowing exactly what is in these apple bites.
- Versatile serving options: There is just so much you can do with them!
- Minimal clean-up: I know I say this with every air fryer recipe, but – it needs to be said!
Ingredients You’ll Need
Pick up these basics – you might already have them!
- Red apples: Choose firm and slightly tart red apples for the best results in your air fryer recipe.
- Maple syrup*: Maple syrup adds sweetness and enhances the natural sweetness of the apples. Adjust the amount according to your desired level of sweetness.
- Avocado oil or coconut oil: Avocado and coconut oil are excellent choices for cooking in the air fryer due to their high smoke points and mild flavors. They help crisp the apples while adding a subtle richness to the dish.
- Cinnamon: Ground cinnamon is a classic spice that pairs beautifully with apples. It adds warmth and depth to the dish’s flavor profile. You can adjust the amount of cinnamon based on your preference for spiciness.
Which Apples Are Best To Use
I love crisp, sweet red apples, but you can also use Honey Crisp, Pink Lady, Gala, and Jonagold. Green Granny Smith apples are also fine, but keep in mind that they have a more tart flavor.
How To Make Air Fryer Apples
Step 1: Prepare the apples
Peel, core, and cut the apples into small pieces.
Add the peeled apple cubes into a bowl and toss with 1 tbsp maple syrup, avocado oil, and cinnamon.
Step 2: Cook the apples
Place the apples in a single layer in the air fryer basket. Air fry the apples at 380 °F for about 10 minutes, shaking halfway through.
Step 3: Final Step
Remove the apples from the basket and toss the warm apples in 1 tbsp of maple syrup.
What to Serve with Air Fryer Apples
Air fryer apples make for a delightful and versatile treat that can be enjoyed in various ways. Here are some suggestions on how to serve:
- As a snack: Enjoy them warm straight out of the air fryer for a killer treat. The caramelized sweetness of the apples, combined with the hint of cinnamon, makes them an addictive (and healthy) snack.
- As a dessert: Serve them topped with a dollop of Greek yogurt, ice cream, or whipped cream. I’m a total fan to serve this air fryer apples with ice cream!
- Over oatmeal or porridge: These air fryer apples make a great breakfast topping. The warm and comforting combination of oats and apples is perfect for chilly mornings.
- With pancakes or waffles: Drizzle with maple syrup for an extra layer of sweetness, and enjoy the tasty combination of flavors and textures.
- In baked goods: Use fried apples as a delicious filling for pies, tarts, turnovers, or cobblers. I like to fold them into a basic muffin recipe – so good!
Yes, they are gluten-free.
Yes, they are also vegan.
Red apples are great – you can use Honey Crisp, Pink Lady, Gala and Jonagold.
More Easy Air Fryer Recipes
Air Fryer Apples
- Peel, core and cut the apples into small pieces.
- Add the peeled apple cubes into a bowl and toss with 1 tbsp maple syrup, avocado oil, and cinnamon.
- Place the apples in a single layer in the air fryer basket.
- Air fry the apples at 380 °F for about 10 minutes, shaking halfway through.
- Remove the apples from the air fryer basket and toss the warm apples in 1 tbsp of maple syrup. Enjoy!