For my chickpea salad you need only 10 minutes and the salad is extremely healthy. Perfect for a quick meal or as a side dish for a barbecue.
That’s why you’ll love my Chickpea Salad Recipe:
- Made totally simple
- Refreshing and healthy
- Ready on the table in just 10 minutes!
Ingredients you’ll need
Let’s take a look at the ingredients you will need for your Chickpea Salad. You can combine the salad with different ingredients. To make your decision easier, I have listed the most important ingredients for you:
- Chickpeas – the base for the salad.
- Vegetables – I like to use cucumbers, tomatoes, corn, peppers and onions.
- Spices and herbs – My favorite is parsley, paprika powder, salt and black pepper.
- Lemon – provides a refreshing taste.
- Olive oil
See my Chickpea Salad recipe card below for the exact quantities of each ingredient.
How To Make Chickpea Salad
You need only 10 minutes for the salad and you can also take it as a great meal prep for your work. Here are the three easy steps:
Rinse the canned chickpeas with water and then marinate them in a bowl with paprika powder, black pepper and olive oil.
Now cut the vegetables (tomatoes, peppers, cucumbers and onions) into small pieces.
Now mix the vegetables with the marinated chickpeas and add a teaspoon of parsley. Finally, squeeze the lemons over the salad and season with salt and pepper. Done!
For me, this salad goes perfectly with a portion of meat or fish, but also with a slice of bread. So you have the choice!
Absolutely. You can easily prepare the salad in advance and then take it to work as a meal prep, for example. The salad also keeps a few days in the refrigerator.
More easy Salad Recipes
Easy Chickpea Salad
- Rinse the chickpeas with water and then marinate them in a bowl with paprika powder, black pepper and olive oil.
- Now cut the vegetables into small pieces.
- Mix the vegetables with the marinated chickpeas and add a teaspoon of parsley. Finally, add the lemon juice and season with salt and pepper. Done!