If you’re looking for a healthy and comforting soup recipe, look no further than broccoli soup with potatoes. This soup is a great way to get your daily dose of vegetables and it’s perfect for those chilly days when you need something warm and hearty. With just a few simple ingredients, you can whip up a batch of this delicious soup in no time.
Why You’ll Love My Creamy Broccoli Soup Recipe
- Healthy and Nutritious: This soup is packed with vitamins and minerals, thanks to the broccoli benefits!
- Easy to Make: With just a few simple ingredients, this soup comes together quickly and easily. It’s perfect for a weeknight dinner or a cozy weekend lunch.
- Creamy and Delicious: The addition of heavy cream gives this soup a rich and creamy texture that’s sure to satisfy your cravings.
- Great for Meal Prep: This soup keeps well in the fridge or freezer, so you can make a big batch and enjoy it throughout the week.
- Versatile: This soup is delicious on its own, but you can also customize it to your liking by adding additional veggies, spices, or toppings.
So what are you waiting for? Give my creamy broccoli soup with potatoes a try and see for yourself why it’s one of my favorite soup recipe!
Ingredients You’ll Need
To make my delicious broccoli soup with potatoes, you’ll need the following ingredients:
- Broccoli: You can use fresh or frozen broccoli, but fresh broccoli will give you a better taste.
- Potatoes: When selecting potatoes, choose ones that are firm and don’t have any soft spots.
- Onion and garlic: These two ingredients will add flavor to your soup, so make sure to chop them finely.
- Vegetable broth: Broth will be the base of your soup.
- Heavy Whipping Cream: The heavy whipping cream makes the broccoli soup so creamy and delicious!
- Spices: I always use salt, pepper and nutmeg for seasoning.
Now that you have all the ingredients, it’s time to start cooking!
How To Make the Best Creamy Broccoli Soup
Begin by finely chopping an onion and the garlic. Wash your broccoli and cut it into florets. Peel your potatoes and cut them into small pieces.
Heat up some oil in a large pan, then fry your onion and garlic briefly. Add your broccoli, potatoes, and vegetable broth, and let everything simmer for 15 to 20 minutes.
Once your soup is done simmering, it’s time to purée it. Use an immersion blender or transfer the soup to a blender and purée until it’s completely smooth.
Finally, add the heavy cream and season your soup to taste with nutmeg, salt, and pepper. Serve hot and enjoy!
Here are some tips to help you make the perfect broccoli soup with potatoes:
- Use fresh ingredients: Fresh broccoli will give your soup a delicious flavor and texture. Avoid using frozen broccoli as they may affect the taste and texture of your soup.
- Don’t overcook the broccoli: Overcooked broccoli can turn mushy and lose its vibrant green color. To avoid this, blanch the broccoli for just a few minutes until it’s tender but still firm.
- Use a blender: To achieve a smooth and creamy texture, use a blender to purée the soup. A hand blender works great too.
- Season to taste: Taste the soup before serving and adjust the seasoning as needed. Add more salt, pepper, or herbs to enhance the flavor.
By following these recipe tips, you can make a delicious and healthy broccoli soup with potatoes that everyone will love.
Yes, you can add cheese to your broccoli potato soup to enhance its flavor. Cheddar, Parmesan, or Gouda are popular choices, but feel free to experiment with different cheeses to find the one you like best.
If you want to make your broccoli potato soup creamier without using cream, you can try adding puréed cauliflower or cashews to the soup. Both of these ingredients have a creamy texture and can help thicken the soup. Another option is to use coconut milk or almond milk instead of cream.
More Healthy Meals
Creamy Broccoli Soup with Potatoes
- Begin by finely chopping onion and garlic. Wash the broccoli and cut it into florets. Peel the potatoes and cut them into small pieces.
- Heat up some oil in a large pan, then fry onion and garlic briefly. Add broccoli, potatoes, and vegetable broth, and let everything simmer for 15 to 20 minutes.
- After simmering use an immersion blender or transfer the soup to a blender and purée until it's completely smooth.
- Finally, add the heavy cream and season your soup to taste with nutmeg, salt, and pepper.