Nothing says luxury like a warm bowl of pasta with Alfredo sauce. Indulge your elegant side with my easy and filling recipe for Chicken Alfredo Pasta!
About My Chicken Alfredo Pasta Recipe
If you love decadent meals without the fuss, then this is right up your alley. My chicken alfredo is ready in 20 minutes without compromising creamy, saucy, chicken flavor! With less than ten ingredients, anyone can make the perfect meal for a date night or a fancy family dinner!
Why you’ll love my Chicken Alfredo Pasta
- Weeknight Meal – Anyone can make this delicious pasta dish in about 20 minutes, so it is perfect for busy weeknights!
- Family-Friendly – There is no fighting your picky eaters with this delicious dish! Kids love the familiar creamy chicken flavor of this pasta!
- Refined Flavor – Creamy, indulgent Alfredo absolutely screams elegance, so this is the ideal meal to impress someone without breaking a sweat!
Ingredients you’ll need
- Chicken Breast – This dish is about two things, sauce and chicken! So it’s important to choose the best cut. Select boneless skinless chicken breast and be sure to trim the extra fat.
- Spaghetti – Spaghetti has the right shape and texture for this saucy dish, but if you are all out of this style of pasta you can swap it with any shape. Whole-wheat, low-carb, and gluten-free pasta are all great choices for substitutes.
- Heavy Whipping Cream – The silky smooth texture and luscious flavor of Alfredo sauce comes from the cream! Choose heavy whipping cream to make this recipe.
- Parmesan – Parmesan Reggiano is the most authentic style of this yummy cheese, but other varieties will work. Use a fresh brick of this cheese and hand grate it for the best melty texture and flavor.
- Onion – Cooking onions with your meat makes it more aromatic and oh-so delicious. To bring this earthy onion flavor to the pasta choose a red or white onion. They have the best flavor for sauteing.
- Garlic – Use fresh garlic whenever possible, but jarred and frozen are both great choices in a pinch!
- Parsley – Fresh parsley adds color and fresh leafy flavor to finish this dish with some style!
- Chicken Seasoning – Chicken seasoning is a spice blend that brings out the best in chicken.
- Olive Oil – This oil is healthier than other cooking fats thanks to a high antioxidant count, but if you don’t have any try cold-pressed grapeseed oil or avocado oil instead.
How To Make the Best Chicken Alfredo Pasta
Wash and cut the chicken into strips. Cut the onion and garlic. Rub the chicken with oil and chicken seasoning and set it aside.
Lightly fry the onion and garlic then add cream and Parmesan. Simmer the mixture on low for 5 minutes.
Meanwhile, prepare the spaghetti according to the package instructions. In a separate pan, fry the chicken breast on high, turning after 2 minutes.
Season the cream sauce with salt and pepper before adding the cooked spaghetti. Mix everything well. Plate the pasta on deep plates, top it with chicken, garnish with parsley, and enjoy!
- Add a tiny squeeze of lemon juice to bring a bright citrus note to this dish.
- This delectable pasta dish is best enjoyed while warm and it pairs beautifully with fresh greens like string beans or a warm kale salad.
- If you have leftovers don’t panic! Place the excess in an airtight container and store it in the fridge for up to 4 days. Reheat the leftovers in the microwave or in a pan on the stove.
With a few simple tweaks, like trading the pasta for low-carb pasta, this dish can easily become keto!
Yes! Trade the cream for non-dairy heavy cream and use high-quality parmesan. True Parmesan Reggiano is naturally lactose-free because of a chemical reaction that occurs as the cheese ages.
Yes. Basically just complete the recipe as directed, omitting any areas where chicken is used. You can also trade the chicken for mushrooms to add a nice texture; either way, it makes a lovely vegetarian-friendly dish.
Best Chicken Alfredo
- Wash the chicken breast and cut into strips. Cut the onion into small pieces and finely dice the garlic.
- Rub the chicken breast strips with a little oil in a bowl with the chicken seasoning and set aside.
- Fry the onion and garlic briefly in a large pan. Then add the cream and Parmesan and simmer over a low heat for about 5 minutes.
- In the meantime, prepare the spaghetti according to the packet instructions.
- Fry the chicken breast strips in a separate pan over a high heat, turning after approx. 2 minutes.
- Season the Parmesan cream sauce with salt and pepper and add the cooked spaghetti. Mix everything together well.
- Finally, place the pasta on deep plates and arrange the chicken breast strips on top. Garnish with chopped parsley and serve immediately.