Looking for a cozy and delicious breakfast that will keep you full and satisfied? Look no further than my Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal Recipe! It’s easy to make, delicious and a great meal prep option.
Why You’ll Love My Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal Recipe
- Healthy and Nutritious: My oatmeal is packed with wholesome ingredients like oats, apples, and cinnamon, making it a nutritious and filling breakfast option.
- Easy to Make: With just a few simple ingredients and minimal prep time, this recipe is perfect for busy mornings when you need a quick and easy breakfast.
- Versatile: This oatmeal recipe can be customized to suit your tastes and dietary preferences. Swap out the apples for your favorite fruit, or add in some nuts or seeds for extra crunch and flavor.
- Kid-Friendly: Even picky eaters will love this sweet and tasty oatmeal recipe. It’s a great way to get your kids excited about eating a healthy breakfast.
- Perfect for Meal Prep: Make a big batch of this oatmeal on the weekend and enjoy it throughout the week for a quick and easy breakfast option. Simply reheat and enjoy!
Ingredients You’ll Need
- Apple: A honeycrisp apple is recommended for its crisp texture and sweet flavor. You’ll need to core and cut it into 1/2-inch cubes.
- Rolled oats: Use old-fashioned rolled oats for a hearty and filling bowl of oatmeal.
- Oat milk: This dairy-free milk alternative is a great option for those who are lactose intolerant or vegan.
- Coconut oil: Use coconut oil for a subtle tropical flavor and a boost of healthy fats.
- Cinnamon: This warm spice pairs perfectly with the sweetness of the apple and adds a cozy flavor to the oatmeal.
- Chia seeds: These tiny seeds are packed with fiber, protein, and omega-3 fatty acids, making them a nutritious addition to your oatmeal.
- Cashew nuts: Nuts add a crunchy texture and nutty flavor to your oatmeal. They are also a good source of healthy fats and protein.
How To Make the Best Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal
To start, gather your ingredients. You’ll need an apple, rolled oats, oat milk, cinnamon, chia seeds, coconut oil, and chopped cashew nuts. Wash the apple and cut it into small pieces.
Then heat a pan with the coconut oil and briefly fry the apple with the cinnamon.
Next, add the rolled oats and fry briefly. Then add the oat milk and chia seeds and bring to the boil. Simmer everything together for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Once a firm porridge has formed, transfer your porridge to a bowl. Finally, garnish with chopped cashew nuts and apple slices and enjoy.
- Use rolled oats: Rolled oats are the best type of oats to use for oatmeal. They cook quickly and have a nice texture that works well in oatmeal. Avoid using instant oats or steel-cut oats, as they won’t work as well.
- Cut the apples into small pieces: When you’re adding the apples to the oatmeal, make sure to cut them into small pieces. This will help them cook evenly and give the oatmeal a nice apple flavor.
- Add the cinnamon at the right time: Cinnamon is a key ingredient in apple cinnamon oatmeal, but it’s important to add it at the right time. Add it to the oatmeal while it’s cooking, rather than at the end. This will help the cinnamon flavor infuse the oatmeal.
- Serve with your favorite toppings: Apple cinnamon oatmeal is delicious on its own, but it’s even better when you add your favorite toppings. Try serving it with chopped nuts, raisins, or a dollop of yogurt. You can also drizzle it with maple syrup or honey for extra sweetness.
Apple cinnamon oatmeal is a healthy breakfast choice that offers many nutritional benefits. Oats are a great source of fiber, which can help keep you feeling full and satisfied throughout the morning. Apples are packed with antioxidants and vitamins, including vitamin C, which can help boost your immune system. Cinnamon is also a great source of antioxidants and has anti-inflammatory properties.
Yes, oatmeal is a healthy food that can be eaten every day. However, it’s important to vary your diet and include other healthy foods to ensure that you are getting all the nutrients your body needs.
Yes, apple cinnamon oatmeal is a great meal prep option. You can easily make a large batch of oatmeal and store it in the fridge or freezer for later. When you are ready to eat, simply reheat the oatmeal in the microwave or on the stove and add your desired toppings.
More Breakfast Recipes
Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal
- Wash the apple and cut it into small pieces. Heat a pan with the coconut oil and briefly fry the apple with the cinnamon.
- Add the rolled oats and fry briefly. Then add the oat milk and chia seeds and bring to the boil. Simmer everything together for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Once a firm porridge has formed, transfer your porridge to a bowl. Finally, garnish with chopped cashew nuts and apple slices and enjoy.