If you’re looking for an easy air fryer sweet potato fries recipe, then you’ve come to the right place. It’s the perfect beginner air fryer recipe, just like my Air Fryer Potatoes or my Air Fryer Chickpeas. These potato fries are healthy, delicious and really easy to make!
Why You’ll Love My Air Fryer Sweet Potatoes Fries
- Healthy and delicious: My air fryer sweet potato fries are a healthier alternative to traditional deep-fried fries. They are crispy on the outside and soft on the inside, with a sweet and savory flavor that will satisfy your cravings.
- Easy to make: You don’t need any special skills or equipment to make my air fryer sweet potato fries. All you need is an air fryer, sweet potatoes, and a few basic ingredients that you probably already have in your pantry.
- Quick and convenient: My recipe takes only 20 minutes to make, from start to finish. You can make them as a quick snack or a delicious side dish.
- Customizable: You can customize my air fryer sweet potato fries recipe to your liking by adding your favorite spices, herbs, or dipping sauces.
Ingredients You’ll Need
- Sweet potatoes
- Olive oil
- Paprika powder
- Garlic powder
- Black pepper
You will find the exact quantities below in the recipe card.
How To Cook Air Fryer Sweet Potato Fries
Start by peeling the sweet potatoes and slicing them into even ¼ inch thick sticks.
Place the sweet potato sticks in a mixing bowl and drizzle with olive oil, salt, paprika powder, garlic powder, and black pepper. Toss the sweet potatoes until they are evenly coated with the seasoning.
Place the sweet potato sticks in a single layer in the air fryer basket. Depending on the size of your air fryer basket, you may need to cook the sweet potatoes in 2 batches to avoid overcrowding.
Air Fry the sweet potato fries at 380 °F for about 12 minutes, flipping them halfway through. The sweet potato fries should be crispy and golden brown when they are done.
- Cut the fries evenly: Cut the sweet potatoes into even-size fries so they cook evenly. Aim for fries that are about 1/4 inch thick.
- Soak the fries: Soaking the sweet potato fries in cold water for 30 minutes before air frying removes excess starch and helps them become crispy.
- Pat the fries dry: After soaking the fries, pat them dry with a paper towel.
- Don’t overcrowd the basket: Cook the fries in batches if necessary, and make sure not to overcrowd the air fryer basket. This ensures they cook evenly and become crispy instead of soggy.
- Shake the basket: Shake the air fryer basket halfway through cooking to ensure the fries cook evenly.
- Serve immediately: Serve the sweet potato fries immediately after cooking for the best texture and flavor.
Soak the sweet potato fries in cold water for at least 30 minutes to remove excess starch. After soaking, pat the fries dry with paper towels. Toss the fries with a small amount of oil and spices of your choice. Then air fry until crispy.
The ideal cooking time in an air fryer depends on the thickness of the fries and the temperature of the air fryer. Generally, sweet potato fries take between 12 and 15 minutes to cook in an air fryer at 380°F.
To cook frozen sweet potato chips in the air fryer, preheat the air fryer to 400°F. Place the frozen sweet potato chips in a single layer in the air fryer basket. Air Fry for 10-12 minutes, shaking the basket halfway through cooking.
More Air Fryer Recipes
- Air Fryer Mushrooms
- Air Fryer Roasted Carrots
- Air Fryer Zucchini
- Air Fryer Frozen Chicken Tenders
- Air Fryer Frozen Chicken Wings
- Air Fryer Crispy Broccoli
Air Fryer Sweet Potato Fries
- Peel the sweet potatoes, then slice each potato into even ¼ inch thick sticks.
- Place the sweet potatoes in a mixing bowl, and drizzle with olive oil, salt, paprika powder, garlic powder, and black pepper.
- Air Fry at 380°F for about 12 minutes, flipping halfway through. Cook in 2 batches, depend on the size of your air fryer basket to avoid overcrowding.